Friday, 10th of November
– 12.00 – 14.30 Welcome YMTE in the School for Young Talent
Lunch and Opening meeting
Lecture on Learning LAB at 13.45 – Susan Williams
– 14.45 – 16.00 Parallel Session with AEC
– 16.00 – 16.30 Informal networking with AEC
– 16.30 – 18.00 YMTE General Meeting
– 18.00 Dinner (restaurant TBD)
Saturday, 11th of November
– 10.00 – 13.00 YMTE Workshop sessions
Possible topics – choose the three most relevant topics and place them in your desired order of priority:
We all assess our pupils for various reasons. What is the purpose of the assessment and how does it benefit the pupil? Does the assessment form we use support this purpose, and our desired learning outcomes? What other factors can influence this process?
– Learning LAB
Discussion possibility after the lecture held on the Friday. How does this process work in your school?
– The process to enrollment (who, why, when and how?)
The future of our musical landscape starts with the pupils. Where do you find them, or do they come to you? At what age do you start, and who is the person you connect with (parent, teacher, child)? What do you look for in a pupil when you first meet them? What can we learn from each other’s process?
– Erasmus+ applications
YMTE´s economy is totally dependent on membership fees and external funding. We now have a focus on the Erasmus+ programmes that are relevant for YMTE. Because YMTE can be either a project leader/applicant or a project partner we would like to address experiences and plans among the member organisations – perhaps a project partnership is a possibility for you..?
– AEC – YMTE collaboration
The cooperation is based on a letter of intent, where the parties state that AEC and YMTE “…have a mutual ambition to commit to exploring best practices to widen access, enhance diversity and remove barriers for high level progression in the arts for all young people. Both parties have agreed to explore these matters in a joint working committee.”
The Polifonia pre-college report from 2007 came to some conclusions and recommendations on further steps to be undertaken. What is relevant today? What is YMTE doing with this? What more should be done?
– Supporting Pupils beyond their lessons
Creating an environment suited for growth; what can we offer?
– Advising pupils on their next step in education
What kind of advice will help the pupil make the best and most realistic choices? Where do we find the answers? Who gives the advice? How is it given?
– Hopes for the future
The life of a musician will look very different in 20 years than it did 20 years ago. What is changing or should be changed in our education in order to prepare our pupils?
– 13.00 – 14.30 Lunch with AEC
– 14.30 – 16.30 Make it happen
– Good practices – looking back at the past year
– Offers for exchanges of pupils and/or expertise
– Invitations for projects to join
– Looking forward to next year’s conference in Varazdin
– 16.30 Drinks with AEC
– 18.00 Dinner with AEC in the Atrium
Sunday, 12th of November
– Departure after breakfast